|Location:||5107 Kissell Avenue, Altoona PA 16601|
Thank you for your interest in applying with Blair Companies. Before you fill out this application, please read through some general information below regarding benefits, policies, and compensation information.WHAT DOES BLAIR DO?
Since its inception as Central Blair Electric in 1959, Blair Companies has expanded into 21 diverse businesses, including the Image Group with signs, fixtures, logistics and architectural imaging; the Development Group with electrical, construction, coal resources and real estate; and the Venture Group, with stakes in a wide variety of local businesses. Blair's nearly 2000 associates are heavily concentrated in Central PA, and together serve the largest companies around the world. We believe our greatest asset is our hard-working loyal team of local people. With a view of four generations and growing, we see our company and community as a deeply intertwined family.
Our Image Group main manufacturing plant is located in Altoona, PA, however we have offices in other parts of the country. We also have a business relationship with partners in Germany, Australia, and China. We have approximately 400 employees, on two or three shifts. We provide the following products and services:
- Interior and exterior signage
- Fixtures and Millwork
- Lighting and Logistics
- Architectural Imaging
- Project Management
- Permit Procurement
- Installation and Service
WILL YOU FIT INTO BLAIR'S CULTURE?
We strive at Blair Companies to create a culture that provides ongoing rewards and career opportunities for our employees. Feedback from our employees has demonstrated that there are many more things within a job that contribute to employee satisfaction other than strictly the compensation. Does the employee feel there are opportunities for advancement? Does he or she feel respected? Does the company provide benefits that are meaningful to the employee and enriches their lives? Does the employee have a supervisor who supports them? All these, and more, contribute to overall satisfaction. With this in mind, please see below for a brief overview of the benefits and policies that exist at Blair:
- Productivity Bonus - Eligible after 90 days of employment. Blair’s company-wide performance bonus program currently pays up to $500 per quarter based on productivity and seniority measurements. Additional year-end payments have been made in exceptional years.
- Merit Raises - Blair regularly provides raises to all employees based upon individual contributions to the organization as measured by a formal performance appraisal program.
- General Bonuses - Blair has several formal bonus programs that awards participating employees, with the opportunity to earn additional compensation as determined by individual performance and profitability of the company.
Drugs and Alcohol
Blair does not tolerate drugs and alcohol on the premises, or the use of either while working. We have the following polices in place: Pre-Employment Testing, Post-Accident Testing , Reasonable Suspicion Testing, CDL Driver Testing, Random Screening
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Blair shares cost of premium for family or individual coverage.
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Company funded life insurance, with the option to sign up for additional insurance paid for by the employee. Includes spouse and children also.
Flexible Spending Account
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Reimburses employees for qualifying healthcare and/or dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Blair provides Paid Leave to regular, full-time and part-time employees based upon their length of service with the Company. Employees may use accrued Paid Leave for vacation, personal business or time off for a personal health condition in accordance with established policy.
Eligible after 90 days of employment. Up to 9 paid holidays for regular, full time and part time employees.
Eligible after one year of employment. Employees can contribute up to 15% of salary. Plan includes various, self-directed investment options. Blair matches 1:3 of the first 6% of salary contributed. Eligible to participate after one year of employment.
If you would like to apply for the ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR position currently open with Blair Companies, please see below for a general job description:
Job Purpose: To provide internal support for the administrative area as well as all other departments and employees. Will be part of the administrative team, including the Administrative Manager, another Administrative Coordinator, and the Receptionist.
Level: Entry level position, with the focus as a support/assistant role
Report to: Administrative Manager
1) Support for Human Resources area, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Pre-Payroll support -- collect weekly time cards and time sheets for 200+ employees, check for accuracy, edit / add vacation pay and attendance information, accurately transfer all time to spreadsheet for Payroll Manager.
- Administer Attendance Policy by preparing attendance disciplinary notices in a timely manner to production supervisors; track to ensure forms are returned and filed appropriately
- Weekly filing of time cards and other documents into personnel files
- Coordinate the application process (maintain application software, schedule interviews, administer pre-hire testing)
- Coordinate drug screens - pre-hire and random
- Involvement with various teams and groups as needed to achieve internal goals
- Handle ordering and distribution of employee uniforms for 400 employees annually, and ongoing stock throughout the year
2) Primary backup for Receptionist
- Will be handling breaks and lunch for Receptionist
- Must be prepared to handle the front desk with little notice
- Must have experience with multi-line phones and able to transfer calls to 100 internal employees
3) Assist with business travel arrangements, including air, hotels, car rentals4) General Administrative Support
- Miscellaneous typing, booklet binding, running minor errands from time to time
- Assisting with special events, lunches, meetings, posting flyers, distributing newsletters and other documents
- Maintain conference room orderliness, kitchen supplies, etc.
Software / Hardware Skills:
Intermediate to Advanced Skills in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint (need someone who is very good at picking up new software skills)
Able to use or able to learn how to use a digital camera and other electronic equipment
Absolute confidentiality is required
Higher than average attention to detail and accuracy
Team-oriented, customer service oriented
Must be highly dependable / self-motivated / high degree of organizational skills
Pleasant, friendly, courteous, respectful (frequent interaction with employees and managers at all levels through the organization)