|Title:||Data Entry Coordinator|
|Location:||5107 Kissell Avenue, Altoona PA 16601|
Thank you for your interest in applying with Blair Companies. Before you fill out this application, please read through some general information below regarding benefits, policies, and compensation information.
WHAT DOES BLAIR DO?
Since its inception as Central Blair Electric in 1959, Blair Companies has expanded into 21 diverse businesses, including the Image Group with signs, fixtures, logistics and architectural imaging; the Development Group with electrical, construction, coal resources and real estate; and the Venture Group, with stakes in a wide variety of local businesses. Blair's nearly 2000 associates are heavily concentrated in Central PA, and together serve the largest companies around the world. We believe our greatest asset is our hard-working loyal team of local people. With a view of four generations and growing, we see our company and community as a deeply intertwined family.
Our Image Group main manufacturing plant is located in Altoona, PA, however we have offices in other parts of the country. We also have a business relationship with partners in Germany, Australia, and China. We have approximately 400 employees, on two or three shifts. We provide the following products and services:
- Interior and exterior signage
- Fixtures and Millwork
- Lighting and Logistics
- Architectural Imaging
- Project Management
- Permit Procurement
- Installation and Service
WILL YOU FIT INTO BLAIR'S CULTURE?
We strive at Blair Companies to create a culture that provides ongoing rewards and career opportunities for our employees. Feedback from our employees has demonstrated that there are many more things within a job that contribute to employee satisfaction other than strictly the compensation. Does the employee feel there are opportunities for advancement? Does he or she feel respected? Does the company provide benefits that are meaningful to the employee and enriches their lives? Does the employee have a supervisor who supports them? All these, and more, contribute to overall satisfaction. With this in mind, please see below for a brief overview of the benefits and policies that exist at Blair:
- Productivity Bonus - Eligible after 90 days of employment. Blair’s company-wide performance bonus program currently pays up to $500 per quarter based on productivity measurements as well as seniority. Additional year-end payments have been made in exceptional years.
- Merit Raises - Blair regularly provides raises to all employees based upon individual contributions to the organization as measured by a formal performance appraisal program.
- General Bonuses - Blair has several formal bonus programs that awards participating employees, with the opportunity to earn additional compensation as determined by individual performance and profitability of the company.
Drugs and Alcohol
Blair does not tolerate drugs and alcohol on the premises, or the use of either while working. We have the following polices in place: Pre-Employment Testing, Post-Accident Testing , Reasonable Suspicion Testing, CDL Driver Testing, Random Screening
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Blair shares cost of premium for family or individual coverage.
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Company funded life insurance, with the option to sign up for additional insurance paid for by the employee. Includes spouse and children also.
Flexible Spending Account
Eligible to join the first day of the month after 90 days of employment. Reimburses employees for qualifying healthcare and/or dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Blair provides Paid Leave to regular, full-time and part-time employees based upon their length of service with the Company. Employees may use accrued Paid Leave for vacation, personal business or time off for a personal health condition in accordance with established policy.
Eligible after 90 days of employment. Up to 9 paid holidays for regular, full time and part time employees.
Eligible after one year of employment. Employees can contribute up to 15% of salary. Plan includes various, self-directed investment options. Blair matches 1:3 of the first 6% of salary contributed. Eligible to participate after one year of employment.
If you would like to apply for this position with Blair Companies, please see below for a general description of this position:
Description: Data Entry Coordinator
Data Entry Clerk Job Purpose: Maintains database by entering new and updated Project Management (PM) order information.
Data Entry Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes Project Management (PM) source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters Project Management (PM) data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered Project Management (PM) data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests system changes and upgrades by inputting new data and reviewing output when requested.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Performs clerical and related office tasks, and maintains records.
1. Six months experience in keypunch or data entry operation,
2. Minimum High School education,
3. Knowledge of procedures involved in data entering,
4. The ability to operate a data entry machine with the speed and accuracy necessary to meet departmental standard.